About Infinity Insurance
Infinity Insurance is part of American Financial Group. It was started in 2002 and is a publicly traded company. Infinity Insurance is the third largest non-standard American auto insurer. Non-standard includes drivers with poor driving records or other risk factors. Infinity Insurance specializes in Hispanic customers and all documents, including the website, are available in Spanish.
Infinity Insurance States
At the time of publication, Infinity Insurance sells new personal auto insurance in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, although it covers existing policy holders in other states.
Infinity Insurance Financial Rating
Infinity is rated A or excellent. This financial rating is important because that indicates if your insurance company can pay claims.
Infinity Insurance Products
Infinity Insurance specializes in auto insurance but offers other insurances through non-affiliated companies.
- Auto and leisure vehicle — car, RV, ATV, boat, motorcycle, classic car, or rideshare (Uber and Lyft) vehicles
- Business coverage — coverage for commercial vehicles and property including home-based businesses, professional liability, workers’ comp, and business interruption insurance
- Home insurance – offered through non-affiliated companies for homes, rentals and mobile units
- Life insurance – offered through non-affiliated providers
- Umbrella policies – offered through non-affiliated providers. Coverage against damages from liability over your home or auto policy limits
Infinity Auto Insurance
Infinity Auto insurance offers a variety of insurance riders that can be included and have different levels, depending on your states’ requirements.
- Liability protection — covers property and bodily damage resulting from an accident.
- Collision and comprehensive damage – covers damage to your car from hitting another car or object, fire, flooding, hail, theft or vandalism
- Personal injury protection – covers medical care and funeral for you or a passenger, regardless of fault
- Uninsured motorists coverage — covers damage or injury from a hit-and-run accident or if the other driver is uninsured. Covers driver and passengers including medical expenses, lost wages and other injury-related losses
- Underinsured motorists coverage – covers any gap between the other driver’s policy limits and actual costs of your expenses
- SR-22 — a confirmation that you meet minimum coverage requirements. May be legally required after driving infractions, DUIs, or license suspensions.
Infinity Insurance Discounts
Infinity car insurance offers a number of discounts, when available in your state. Discounts include:
- Multi-Car Discount — more than one car insured with Infinity
- Mature Driver Improvement Course Discount — drivers over 55 who take a driving improvement course
- Safe Driver Discount — clean driving record
- Good Student Discount — full-time students with at least a ‘B’ average
- Renewal Discount — customers who renew their policy
- Homeowners Discount – customers who own their own home
- Paid-In-Full Discount – when entire premium is paid up front,
- Advanced Quote Discount – available for customers who renew with Infinity or switch to Infinity at least six days before current policy ends
- Safety Features Discount – for cars with airbags, anti-lock brakes and an anti-theft device
- Paperless Discount – for people who do all paperwork and payments online
- Online Quote Discount – if you start your quote online
- Accident Free/Years Clean Discount – no accidents or violations in past 35 months
- Switch-And-Save Discount – to encourage people to switch from their carrier
- VIN Etching Discount – cars with etched VINS get a discount
- Memberships Discount – for membership in groups like AAA or the military
- Loyal Customer Discount — for long time policyholder
- Low Mileage Discount — for low mileage drivers
Infinity Insurance Pros
- Website: view or change policy, make payments, track a claim, etc. in English and Spanish. Includes Learning center, a comprehensive learning center with driving tips, insurance info, and other resources
- Mobile app: view ID cards, make payments and find preferred repair shops.
- DriverClub: free membership for all drivers to its roadside assistance program. Pay as you need it and available 24/7.
- Donates to community programs in Florida, Texas, California and Arizona.
- Repair Satisfaction Vehicle Program: certified repair shops to speed up claims process
- Coverage options for every budget: will provide legitimate form of coverage to every customer including SR-22 insurance.
Infinity Insurance Cons
- Negative customer feedback – more in the following section.
- Lack of availability: new policies only in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas.
- Lack of policy information: not much information on the auto insurance policies on website
Infinity Insurance Reviews
Infinity auto insurance reviews are fairly low. According to the Better Business Bureau, the company has had 391 complaints in the last three years, with all but three resolved. As a result, the BBB awards them an A-. Customer reviews are low, with 1 star out of 5.
The California Complaint Ratio Study shows that Infinity Insurance has a complaint ratio of 8.4 per 100,000 vehicles, double or triple the score of insurers in the top ten. In three years (2015-2017), 2161 complaints were filed and 42% were found to be without merit.
Quotes About Infinity
Clearsurance reviews have given Infinity Insurance 3 stars out of five.
Three top reviews:
- This reviewer felt it was good insurance, but warned that rates go up after an accident and that you need to renew before your insurance period ends or you will be charged
- This reviewer found the company to be very professional and has no regrets from using their services
- This reviewer was referred by AAA and loves the prices and customer service
- Several low reviews mentioned that they were hit by an Infinity insured driver and have received substandard responses from claims adjusters
- This reviewer felt that he has had to work for Infinity to get his car repaired because no one else is following up. He also found the staff to be rude and refuse to return phone calls
If you are on a very low budget or have strikes against your driver’s license, and live in Arizona, Florida, Texas or California, Infinity Insurance can be a great resource.